About Me

My photo
S.B. Nixon has a Bachelor’s of Arts in English, and is an avid student of ancient cultures and regions. Traveling is one of his main hobbies and, consequently, he has spent much time outside of United States. He is fluent in the Spanish language, and conversant in several more. He has moved more times then is old, and has lived on the East coast almost as much as the West Coast. Above everything, he is most passionate about the art of writing.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Book review for Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card

I typically don’t care for books that gloss over action sequences, nor do I care for books that are bogged down in the science of a book or are constantly explaining each character’s logical sequence of thought. This book did both and, surprisingly I loved it.

The characters were believable, the situations were plausible, the set up was dynamic, unique, and impressive. Orson took on such a big idea, I was sure that he would not be able to maintain consistency throughout the novel. He not only was constant with each characters individual powers, he did so in such a way that made them extremely believable.

My hat goes off to Orson. Very well done. I am excited to read the second book in the series. Best science fiction book I've read so far (bear in mind, I don't read much sci-fi).