About Me

My photo
S.B. Nixon has a Bachelor’s of Arts in English, and is an avid student of ancient cultures and regions. Traveling is one of his main hobbies and, consequently, he has spent much time outside of United States. He is fluent in the Spanish language, and conversant in several more. He has moved more times then is old, and has lived on the East coast almost as much as the West Coast. Above everything, he is most passionate about the art of writing.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just came from book signing in Orem

I just finished up with my book signing in Orem at the Barnes and Noble Authorpalooza (I hope I am spelling that right).

There were 45 authors there--which was amazing. Also there was Brandon Sanderson and Dan Wells, two well known and very talented writers. It was tons of fun getting to know them as well as seeing their passion for writing. Dan and Brandon even invited me to be one of their special guests on a their podcast, which would be quite an honor. I will keep you guys updated with information about when. Hopefully, it will be soon.

It was tons of fun seeing all of the local authors and the books they have to offer. Provo/Orem are very unique in that they have a lot of local authors. I also met a lot of inspiring authors. My advice to them would be: Be persitant. Most authors writer and publish 3 to 10 books before one of them gets big.